All the latest information on the entry requirements for Portugal including the necessary documentation, passport, and visas to visit Portugal
If you are an American citizen traveling to Portugal, you do not need a visa if you plan on staying for less than 90 days. But your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your stay.
If you are an Australian citizen visiting Portugal or any other party to the Schengen Agreement, you don't need a visa if you stay for less than 90 days. Your passport must have at least six-month validity from the planned return date.
EU, EEA and Swiss Citizens:
As citizens of the European Union and European Economic Area, you will not need a visa to enter Portugal:
EU member countries:
Germany, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, and Sweden.
Island, Liechtenstein, and Norway.
Citizens of the following countries do not need a visa to enter Portugal
The following countries do not require a visa for visits lasting less than 90 days, but require a valid passport to enter Portugal:
Andorra, Antigua and Bermuda, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bolivia, Bosnia, Brunei, Canada, Chile, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Korea, Macao, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, Saint Kitts and Nevis, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Taiwan, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
For citizens of countries not previously mentioned, we recommend to visit the Embassy of Portugal in your country or check Portugal's Schengen Visa Application Requirements:
We provide conference visa support to the attendees that require it in order to attend the event. Please read the information below carefully and proceed with the letter of invitation request, if necessary.
What Kind of Visa Support We Provide:
• We will provide you with a letter of invitation that clearly states the dates of the event, the organizer’s details, including contact information, and confirmation of your registration to attend the event at the event’s dates and location.
Before You Submit a Request for the Letter of Invitation:
• Make sure that you have registered to attend the event and completed your payment. Requests without proof of payment cannot be accommodated.
• Check whether you indeed require a visa to travel to the event’s host country.
• Prepare your passport information to submit to the request.
• Check that your passport is valid for at least three months after the date of departure from Portugal.